Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dining room progress - My decoupage window (aka I got a little sidetracked...)

Ok so I havent posted anything for a few weeks now.  Some of that is because of just being crazy busy lately, but mostly it's because starting the dining room project caused such a huge mess, that my husband finally became convinced we needed to start and finish the basement reorganization project.

I've still been working on the dining room, but my hours and efficiency has been greatly reduced and progress is slow.

I am super happy to say that the little arched window project is done though and I love how it turned out!

If you recall, this was the window originally
Very very PINK and uninspired if you ask me....
Now the walls aren't totally done yet...they are just painted, I have yet to put up any trim or anything so I don't have a full on picture of the window that I feel is good looking enough to show, but here is the window itself
I used a few things to get this metallic look on the window, the first was this relatively inexpensive silver mesh fabric from Jo-Ann Crafts
As well as some metallic ribbon also from Jo-Ann
And a ton of decoupage glue such as Mod Podge or whichever you prefer.

Most of which seemed to end up on me......

Ok, so more pretty pictures!





Well that's all for now!  If you like my window, just wait until you see what else I have in store for this room!  I hope to finish within the next month or so (Yes...I know that's long but I have a lot of small detail things to accomplish and I pretty much only get naptime to work on it lol.)

Keep checking back!  I'll be posting about the basement project soon enough as the second set of shelves is going in today.





1 comment:

  1. This is lovely! Absolutely love the silver mesh idea. Genius!

    ReplyDelete